Doctor of Ministry
The John Case Doctor of Ministry in Pastoral Leadership for Transformational Ministry
This Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) degree has been named after Dr. John Case in honor of his outstanding pastoral ministry and in gratitude for his long-time support of Wesley Biblical Seminary. The D.Min. is a professional in-ministry doctorate that offers advanced ministerial education to experienced pastors and other Christian workers. It is intended for those who have earned an M.Div. or equivalent* and are currently serving in ministry positions. (See the D.Min. application requirements here.)
- 30 credit hours (part time)
- Available through on campus intensives (in Jackson, MS) supplemented by online interaction
- Cohort model—students go through the program as a group
- Pre-course reading, on campus interaction during intensives, post-course projects leading up to the third year’s Ministry Research Project
- Spring-summer term (April 1-September 30) with a two week intensive in June (first two years)
- Fall-winter term (October 1-March 31) with a two week intensive in January (first two years)
- Research project (final year).
For the full breakdown of faculty, courses, and schedule, click here.
“The great need is for preachers who will lift up the gospel of Jesus Christ in a clear, intelligent, understandable way. When you believe the gospel message, you know that every person has eternal value because every person is someone for whom Christ died. Without a shadow of a doubt, at Wesley Biblical Seminary, ‘the greatest story ever told’ is being told.”
-Dr. John Case
*From the ATS: “MDiv equivalency is defined as 72 graduate semester hours or comparable graduate credits in other systems that represent broad-based work in theology, biblical studies, and the arts of ministry and that include a master’s degree and significant ministerial leadership. Ministerial experience alone is not considered the equivalent of or a substitute for the master’s degree.”
This equivalency will be evaluated by the dean on a case-by-case basis.
WBS is an accredited seminary, and our Grad Certificate, M.A., M.Div., and D.Min. programs are all approved by the Association of Theological Schools.