WBS values community with and among our students as well as the sharing of our ethos within that community. While some of this may be accomplished in the online classroom, certain residency requirements are better fulfilled on our main campus in Jackson, Mississippi.
Residencies are a time of community-building, scholarship, worship, and Transform:ED (our annual Christian Leadership and Spiritual Formation conference) participation. Students are charged a separate fee for residency that includes meals and lodging.
M.Div. students may:
- Complete 25 hours of coursework on campus in Jackson, Mississippi (e.g. through summer intensives) OR
- Attend a total of four two-week residency sessions OR
- Complete a combination of the above (e.g. complete two two-week residencies and 12 hours of coursework on-campus)
M.A. students may:
- Complete six hours of coursework on campus in Jackson, Mississippi (e.g. through summer intensives) OR
- Attend one two-week residency session
Only international students pursuing the M.A. in Christian Studies through a Mission Possible Scholarship are exempt from this requirement.
Residencies are currently in October. See the academic calendar for dates. You will register for residency with the Registrar when you register for classes.