Which degree program is best for YOU?

WBS provides a variety of quality online, on-campus, and hybrid degree programs. Here are brief descriptions to help you figure out which one of our degrees would suit your personal, ministry, and vocational goals. Visit each degree’s page for more detailed information and list of required classes. For the most detailed information, please see the academic catalog.

Master of Divinity

(78-85 hours, on campus or completely online)
The Master of Divinity (M.Div.) program provides a broad-based and integrated study of scripture and theology, spiritual formation, cultural context, and Christian ministry. This professional degree enables the student to meet the educational requirements for ordination to the Christian ministry.

Students may pursue one of the following concentrations:

Master of Arts 

(50 hours, on campus or completely online)
The Master of Arts (M.A.) guides the student’s inquiry and development in one of four academic disciplines:

These concentrations enable the student to focus academically on the ideological underpinnings of the Christian faith.

Graduate Certificate Programs

(24 hours, on campus or completely online)
The Certificate Programs at Wesley Biblical Seminary provide a robust grounding in Bible and theology while giving you the chance to pursue a specific topic.

The following Graduate Certificate Programs are available:

The John Case Doctor of Ministry

(30 hours, on campus/online hybrid)
The D.Min. is a professional in-ministry doctorate that offers advanced ministerial education to those who have already earned an M.Div. degree (or equivalent*) and are currently serving in ministry positions. The degree is designed to be completed in three years—two years of half-time course work and one year for writing and defending the Ministry Research Project.

*From the ATS: “MDiv equivalency is defined as 72 graduate semester hours or comparable graduate credits in other systems that represent broad-based work in theology, biblical studies, and the arts of ministry and that include a master’s degree and significant ministerial leadership. Ministerial experience alone is not considered the equivalent of or a substitute for the master’s degree.”

This equivalency will be evaluated by the dean on a case-by-case basis.