The Shepherd Project International Scholarship is a competitive scholarship for students in the Majority World. The seminary launched the program in 2013 to equip capable church leaders doing ministry in their own countries.
Students who are selected will receive a full-tuition scholarship for the Master of Arts in Christian Studies. The entire program must be completed fully online.
Students will only have to pay the cost of books, a $100 confirmation fee if selected, and a $200 graduation fee when they complete the program.
To be considered, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Possesses an accredited bachelor’s degree.
- Lives and ministers in a Majority World country.
- Has dependable internet access to support online classes.
- Has not completed a previous master’s degree in Bible, theology, or a related discipline.
- Is not paid by a sending agency from North America, Europe, Korea or Japan.
If you are interested in applying, click the button below to begin an application or keep reading further for more information.
A committee of WBS faculty and administrators will select 8 Shepherd Project scholarship recipients each year. Selection of the recipients will take place 2 weeks after the close of the application period.
Once receipients are notified, they will have two weeks to accept the scholarship. Students who are selected must pay a $100 confirmation fee to accept their scholarship spot.
Students who participate in the Shepherd Project are expected to meet high academic standards in order to remain enrolled in the program.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA. If a student’s GPA drops below 3.0, he or she will be given a grace period of 12 credit hours to regain the minimum GPA requirement.
- Scholarship recipients must take at least 12 hours each academic year they are enrolled in the program. Students may take any master’s-level courses offered in the fall, J-term, spring, or summer semesters.
How to Apply
In order to apply, you will need to complete the Shepherd Project Application. You can access this application by clicking below.
On the application, you will be asked to submit basic personal information. You will also be asked to submit the following items.
- Personal testimony (250-500 words)
- List of ministry positions you have held
- Three references
- Sponsorship letter from sponsoring organization
- Personal essay (1,500-2,000 words)