September 13, 2018
In this article, Dr. John Neihof, president of WBS, reflects on the beginning of the new semester at WBS.
A new school year at Wesley Biblical Seminary always begins with a flurry of activity. Let me give you a snapshot of our student body.
- The average student at WBS is in his or her 40s. Two-thirds of our students is male, and one-third is female.
- WBS students hail from 13 nations and 17 of the United States.
One-third of our student body comes from Mississippi, one-third from other states, and one-third from nations outside the USA.
- Our average student at WBS is working as a full-time professional, while serving part-time on the staff of a local church, and enrolling part-time in seminary. The average WBS student enrolls for 4.37 hours this semester.
- In a partnership with Monte Maria Church, Mexico City, Mexico, 28 national pastors and leaders are pursuing certificates with WBS. WBS professors travel to Mexico City three times per year for one week intensives on site.
- We have the largest enrollment this fall at WBS since 2011. We have a headcount over 120.
- Each week about 15 of our master level students drives to campus to take a class.
- Most of the other 90 masters level students participate in live, face-to-face online learning classrooms.
Our interactive technological delivery system allows for life-on-life formation and influence by our exceptional faculty with our purposeful students. Dr. Matt Friedeman, professor of evangelism and discipleship, uses video conferencing to disciple many of our students in small groups.
Doctoral students in the John M. Case Doctor of Ministry in Transformational Leadership visit campus twice per year. They prepare for these one-week intensives with reading, writing, and live video-conferencing.
Online, on-campus, and on-site. The world is our campus.
Thank you for your love, commitment, and faithful support to Wesley Biblical Seminary. As I travel the nation and meet with alumni and friends, one of the most encouraging words I hear is, “We pray for you every day.” Your gifts, prayers, and support to our mission are an incredible blessing. Thank you.