Online seminary courses at Wesley Biblical Seminary are personal, convenient, and powerful. Our online classrooms include students from all around the world who are actively engaged in ministry.
With the online seminary programs at WBS, you can stay where God has planted you, while pursuing the preparation you need to accomplish your calling.
Forum-based, Real-time, and Recorded Classes
WBS offers two types of seminary classes online: forum-based and real-time.
- Forum-based: Through the use of Populi, our online platform, professors and students learn from lectures, share resources, engage in conversations, and submit assignments. Students have maximum flexibility in these courses to do the work and submit assignments in ways that is most convenient for them. While there are still due dates and high course expectations, students can learn in the way that best fits their schedule.
- Real-time: Using live video technology, students are brought together in a virtual classroom setting at specific class times for lectures and class interactions. Students can participate in any on-campus course via real-time video. Students will be able to watch the professor’s lectures as well as see the other students who are online and in the physical classroom. Online students have the same opportunity to ask questions and engage with the professor as the on-campus students do.
- Recorded Video. Students who are unable to attend online via real-time video are able to watch the recorded class video. They are able to connect with professors via email or video calls to dig deeper into the course content.
Through real-time, recorded, and forum-based options, you can complete your entire degree!
Fully Online Seminary Programs
Wesley Biblical Seminary offers four Master of Arts programs that can be completed 100% online. All seven Graduate Certificate programs can also be completed fully online. Our five Master of Divinity programs can be completed fully online.
Fully Online MA Programs
- MA Apologetics
- MA Biblical Literature
- MA Theology
- MA Christian Studies
Each MA is 50 credit hours and takes the typical students 2-3 years to complete.
Fully Online MDiv Programs
- General Ministry
- Biblical Languages
- Honors Research
The MDiv programs range from 78-85 credits and take the typical student 3-4 years to complete.
Fully Online Seminary Certificate Programs
- Certificate in Apologetics
- Certificate in Bible and Theology
- Certificate in Church Planting and Revitalization
- Certificate in Discipleship and Spiritual Direction
- Certificate in Ministry in the African-American Church
- Certificate in Ministry to Muslims
- Certificate in Missions
Each Certificate is 24 credit hours and is designed to be completed in 1-2 years.
WBS is an accredited seminary, and our distance learning program is approved by the Association of Theological Schools.