Online education at Wesley Biblical Seminary is personal, convenient, and powerful. Our online classrooms include students from all around the world who are actively engaged in ministry.
Wesley Biblical Seminary offers four Master of Arts programs that can be completed 100% online. All seven Graduate Certificate programs can also be completed fully online. Our five Master of Divinity programs can be completed fully online.
Fully Online MA Programs
Each MA is 50 credit hours and takes the typical students 2-3 years to complete.
Fully Online MDiv Programs
The MDiv programs range from 78-85 credits and take the typical student 3-4 years to complete.
Fully Online Certificate Programs
- Certificate in Apologetics
- Certificate in Bible and Theology
- Certificate in Church Planting and Revitalization
- Certificate in Discipleship and Spiritual Direction
- Certificate in Ministry in the African-American Church
- Certificate in Ministry to Muslims
- Certificate in Missions
Each Certificate is 24 credit hours and is designed to be completed in 1-2 years.
Forum-based vs. Real-time Classes
WBS offers two types of online classes: forum-based and real-time.
- Forum-based: Through the use of Populi, our online platform, professors and students learn from lectures, share resources, engage in conversations, and submit assignments. Classes don’t meet at set times, but assignments must be turned in according to dates on the course syllabus.
- Real-time: Using live video technology, students are brought together in a virtual classroom setting at specific class times for lectures and class interactions. Assignments are submitted electronically.
WBS is an accredited seminary, and our distance learning program is approved by the Association of Theological Schools.